Muffin binge - Tea & Raisin Muffins


The original recipe is actually called Rum & Raisin Muffins. I decided to change it around a bit after watching a kiddy cooking show makin tea and raisin loaf. So instead of soaking the raisins in rum, I soaked them in hot plain tea.

This is the second time i've made this, mostly because the ingredients are almost always available at home.. just oil, milk, raisins... as opposed to some of the other recipes using sour cream, double cream etc2. It makes baking possible even when your food stores are running low.



Ingredients:

200g raisins
3 tbsp hot tea
6 tbsp sunflower oil
280 g plain flour
1 tbsp baking powder
pinch of salt
115g soft dark brown sugar
2 eggs
200ml milk

Method:

  1. Dry bowl: sift flour, baking powder, soda bicarbonate, salt. Mix in sugar.
  2. Wet bowl: mix together lightly beaten eggs, milk and oil.
  3. mix wet and dry bowl contents. add raisins and stir gently, mixing only until just combined.
  4. spoon mixture into muffin tin and bake in a preheated oven (200C/gas mark 6) for 2o mins. (10 mins for mini muffins)
  5. leave to cool for 5 min in tin and serve warm.

Review:
  • Like I mentioned before, I repleced rum with tea. I can't compare the taste, but it still tastes good.
  • Don't add any sugar to the tea as it raisins are usually sweet enough.
  • I also added a handful of walnuts, just to give the muffin more substance as I only had half the amont of raisins. (also because I was finishing up all the little bits left over)
  • I made half of the mixture into MINI MUFFINS (as in the pics) and the other half into normal sized muffins, and because of that, I cut up most of the raisins, just so the mini muffins wouldn't be to full of raisins.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

For a full list of recipes

visit ARCHIVES

OR visit HOME for most recent post

Blog Archive

Say something!




ShoutMix chat widget