Sushi- california handroll

I never know what the names for the different types of sushi are. I think this is called california handroll.
I used to buy them from carefour back home with my brother. It's probably the first type of sushi I have eaten, and the only one I can bear to eat. I tried once sushi with raw fish, but unfortunately I just don't have the stomach for it. So I eat what I can, only hoping to aquire the taste for proper sushi one day.



The directions on any sushi packet is quite self explanatory, but here I have only made a simple version.



there are several parts

  1. the seaweed
  2. the rice - here i followed the direction on the packet and patted the rice with diluted vinegar before spreading on the seaweed
  3. the sauce- i used 2parts mayonaise to 1 part chili sauce - seriously yummy addition!
  4. the filling- i used thinly sliced cucumber and crab sticks but there are a ton of different filling ideas readily available on the net
Method:

for the handroll, i learnt how to make it from this video here. really2 good video.


for the other roll, I'll delight you with a few photos.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

For a full list of recipes

visit ARCHIVES

OR visit HOME for most recent post

Blog Archive

Say something!




ShoutMix chat widget