Moist Banana Cake

courtesy of Mat gebu @ Dapur tanpa sepadan
My favorite fruit to have in the house are bananas. I think I have rambled on about how great bananas are and how they are extremely handy when you have small kids in another entry. I'm not going to do that here again.


Instead, I'm going to ramble on about how great this cake is! it really2 is. The original recipe from Mat Gebu can be found here. I found out about this recipe from my sister who tried it
out first. She said it was really nice, so immediately, I wanted to try it too. however, the ingredients called for OVALLETTE; a baking ingredient that I think acts as a cake stabilizer- not widely available in UK (correct me if i'm wrong). I tried looking for alternatives but could not find any. So if anybody knows what I can substitute it with, please let me know.


how did I get my ovallete to make this cake? Well from malaysia of course, specially brought by visitors over the holidays. Limited supply, so I'm keeping it for when I truly find a recipe worth making.

Finally, This cake is really good that I made it twice in two days - one for just the three of us (my 1 1/2 yr old daughter probably ate a whole 1/4) and the next day for guests.


Ingredients:
250g plain flour*
1 tsp soda bicarbonate*
1/2 tsp salt* (* mixed and sifted)
15g ovallete
150g caster sugar
5 eggs
125g butter - melted and cooled
100g corn oil (I used vege oil)
225g extra ripe banana -mashed

Method:

  1. preheat the oven to 175C. grease the cake tin with butter and coat with flour- shaking off excess.
  2. mix sugar and ovallete until combined. add all of the eggs and mix on high speed until well risen, white and fluffy.
  3. lower speed and add mashed banana.
  4. add in the flour a bit at a time, alternating with melted butter and oil.
  5. pour into cake tin and bake for 55- 60 min.
  6. wait until completely cool before removing from tin. dust with icing sugar and cut to serve.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

For a full list of recipes

visit ARCHIVES

OR visit HOME for most recent post

Blog Archive

Say something!




ShoutMix chat widget